OVWmania features live reports every week on the best independent wrestling promotion in the world, Ohio Valley Wrestling. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, this is where the future happens, and has for nearly 30 years. Since “Nightmare” Danny Davis founded OVW in 1993, the company has had a hand in the training of John Cena, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Batista, Mickie James, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Shawn Spears, Bobby Lashley, The Miz, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Mr. Kennedy, Brian Myers, Matt Cardona, Shelton Benjamin, Beth Phoenix, Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore, Ruby Soho, Mark Henry, and many more!

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)
OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

Twitter

OVWmania on Facebook

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Special for the Special: An Interview With Jamin Olivencia

Hello, OVW fans! This is OVWmania's Brian Cannon with a very special post. As we get closer to the next Saturday Night Special on December 7, I had the privilege of talking to OVW Heavyweight Champion Jamin Olivencia. As he heads into battle with Johnny Spade, I wanted to find the answers to some very important questions that are on a lot of fans' minds.

BC: Jamin, you have beaten the likes of Moose, Rob Terry, & Doug Williams. What has been the secret to your success during your run as OVW Heavyweight Champion?
JO: I firmly believe my success comes from knowing inside that I am the best free agent out there right now. That drives me. It always has. I always make sure to ground myself and treat every match, every opponent, as if they were my first. I'm focused. And I challenge anyone to compete with that.

BC: Although you have been on quite the roll, it's hard to ignore the fact that you are 0-3 against Johnny Spade in big title matches. Why have you struggled to get 1 in the win column against him and why will it be different this time around?
JO: I will not take away how talented and tough Johnny Spade is, but looking back, I think I defeated myself. I was so focused on being Champion, to the point at fault where I lost touch of who I was. He said some personal things publicly about me that were true, and that emotionally latched on to me. I in return, did the same. I remember even using that fuel and just "pumping" myself up and walked in the situation underestimating him. He beat me clean all three times. I won't run from that. This time around I've not only proved my ability in OVW, but I do all around this country, and outside this country. I am now the longest reigning Heavyweight Champion of all time. I am on fire. My energy is too high to even comprehend. This is who and what I am. My light is too bright and Johnny Spade, for the first time, is going to get a taste of what that is like. And if you ask me, this time around he deserves it with his clear actions as of late.

BC: Last time he tried to interfere in your title defense against Moose, he got knocked through a table. Still, are you worried about possible outside interference from Timmy Danger?
JOTimmy Danger is a nobody to me. Period.
(Since this interview, we now know that Jamin Olivencia will get 5 minutes in the ring with Timmy Danger if he defeats Johnny Spade!)

BC: Harsh words have been spoken in the past. What is your honest opinion of Johnny Spade?
JO: John is a very talented individual. He's just not Jamin Olivencia. 

There you have it. Jamin is focused and ready to defend the OVW Heavyweight Title, and based on their past battles, this is a main event you don't want to miss!

Once again, this match goes down at the Davis Arena located at 4400 Shepherdsville Rd. on Saturday, December 7. Tickets are $10 in advance or $12 at the door. Bell time is 7:30PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment