OVWmania features live reports every week on the best independent wrestling promotion in the world, Ohio Valley Wrestling. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, this is where the future happens, and has for nearly 30 years. Since “Nightmare” Danny Davis founded OVW in 1993, the company has had a hand in the training of John Cena, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Batista, Mickie James, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Shawn Spears, Bobby Lashley, The Miz, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Mr. Kennedy, Brian Myers, Matt Cardona, Shelton Benjamin, Beth Phoenix, Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore, Ruby Soho, Mark Henry, and many more!

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)
OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

Twitter

OVWmania on Facebook

Monday, May 6, 2013

OVWmania 1YA Q&A: Randy Royal

Today's Q&A is with OVW's "Double R Superstar" Randy Royal. You can find him on twitter @RRSuperstar. Thanks again to Randy for participating in OVWmania's 1-Year Anniversary Q&A.

1. Who were your favorite wrestlers growing up?
Austin Idol, Buddy Landell, Dusty Rhodes, Jerry Lawler.

2. When did you decide you wanted to be a pro wrestler?
Once I saw Memphis wrestling as a kid, in my grampa's living room on TV.

3. Who has helped you most in the industry?
Vic the Bruiser, without a doubt. Without him, I would've probably gave up the business 3 years in.

4. Who do you enjoy working with in the ring the most?
Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero), Dylan Bostic, Johnny Spade...so many & all for different reasons.

5. What is your favorite match that you've been in?
If you would've asked me before Oct 23, 2012, my answer would've been different. But now I have to say my return match after my heart attack against Mr. VIP, Joe Rosa. Those fans believed in me when my closest friends didn't.

6. If you weren’t wrestling, what do you think your second career choice would be?
I would've finished nursing school and been a Psychiatric nurse.

7. What’s your favorite food?
Crab legs!!! Lol.

8. What kind of music are you into?
My iPod is so random. Volbeat to Brantley Gilbert to Amos Lee.

9. Favorite movies and/or actors?
I'm a sucker for "chick comedies"! Shhh. Sweet Home Alabama. The Proposal. I just don't like gory movies. Mila Kunis, Rachel McAdams, Samuel L Jackson, Johnny Depp.

10. Any secret talents?
I turned down an Art scholarship. I draw. Play guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment